Sarah's photos & News

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pinehills 2

Blessings, Opportunities, Plans and Goals...
June 27’08 – In my first newsletter, I mentioned in my prayer request column that Robyn, Daphne, Rynj and I were given the opportunity to be Teaching Assistants (TA’s). I praise and thank the Lord for the opportunity of teaching others. It was indeed a learning and humbling experience.
June 30’08 – Praises and Thanks always to God our Father. He has once more blessed me, my Ate Margie, Uncle Bagly, Ate Daphne and other NPMTTA members to attend the Language conference in Bangkok. Three days before our departure, the courier handed my passport. Thank you for praying with me. The conference encouraged us more to keep on promoting the use of our mother tongue. ;-)
July 7’08 – Classes started but I was still wondering what other course to take because of my schedule. One of my options was Scripture Use but I had to talk to my professor if we can make some changes in the schedule. By God’s grace, schedule was fixed. I took the Scripture Use course because I felt that we really need this for the translated Scriptures to be used by all Kalanguya. Our Old Testament will soon be finished but our concern is the attitude of our people towards our language and the translated Scripture. I am so thankful for the knowledge and experiences I gained from the class. We have spent more than 40 hours of the month of July discussing Scripture Use and I was tired of the hectic schedule including the other courses that I had and still have, but I do not regret taking the course. I was blessed, and I am hoping to apply what I learned the soonest possible time. I am so thankful to Sir Roger and Ma’am Sue for giving their time even though there were only two of us taking the course. This course was one of the best courses I had. It opened my eyes to the need for Scripture Use program among my people. At the end of all these is a 3 year Scripture Use plan that I am planning to share with my colleagues. Almost everyday, I shared with my sister the new things that I learned. I have been praying that may we be able to implement the plan this month not knowing that God already planned where and how will we start the Scripture Use program. I realized that God has already touched my peoples’ hearts in preparation of the other activities that I have included in my plan. I was also reminded that God can accomplish His plan without me and without my three year plan. It was indeed another humbling experience. Yes! I am thankful for the opportunity of being a part of God’s work among the Kalanguya, my people. I am really nothing, but by God’s grace He has brought me this far. I can not stop to say that I am so thankful and happy.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:11 AM, Blogger G said…

    tem nabootan ni news.. hehehe, hiya to-wa.. Praise our Lord Jesus for everything He has and is doing in your life!

    I'm so proud of you...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home