Sarah's photos & News

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

May 2007-June 2008

Breakthroughs, Blessings, Opportunities...

May 17’07- April 06’08 – It was really by God’s grace that I finished my Diploma in Applied Linguistics. The school year started on the 3rd week of May 2007 and ended on the 28th of March 2008. I started the school year having cough until the first phase ended in June 27. After having the cough, a viral infection tormented me for 3 months along with sleepless nights of doing my papers. And then in September, I was confined in the hospital due to pneumonia. Looking back at those times, I can see how God has enabled me to get through those physical and emotional things that could have hindered me to finish my Diploma in Applied Linguistics in April 6’08. I praise and thank our FATHER in Heaven for He enabled me to graduate even with honors. All praises due HIM.
March 31 – April 12’08 – I, Robyn and Doralyn were also privileged to attend the first Philippine Linguistics Institute that was held at the University of the Philippines, Diliman which started in March 31. We were a bit tired longing for home and some rest but we have to stay until the 12th of April to finish the course. At the end, we were thankful because we learned a lot of things and our knowledge in Phonetics, Phonology, and Orthography was refreshed and cultivated. Doralyn on the other hand took 2 different courses.

April 14-25’ 08 – After 2 days of being with my family at CFM, I went to Bagabag for the Writing and Editing workshop along with our new team members Lani and Narda. I am so thankful that I was permitted to attend the said workshop because I really learned a lot. I even told my colleagues that I really hope I have attended a workshop like that before I went to AGS. The workshop was a good learning experience for us translators and checkers. I also realized that our output in the workshop will be useful for my M.A. in Linguistics because one of the requirements is to do a phonological and grammatical analysis of our language.

April 26 – May 11’08 - After the workshop, I was thinking that may be I can have some rest since I needed to be back to AGS on the 12th of May to be a TA in Phonetics. Thankfully, we had a retreat in Baguio. And if rest means not facing the computer for how many days, then I think I was able to rest. ;-) After 3 days of staying in the beautiful and cold city of Baguio, we went home and attended the Annual General conference of our church. After the conference, I was so happy that I was able to attend the consultant checking of the book of Joel and peer checked parts of Habakkuk and Hosea with my sister Margie.
Regarding translation, I was only able to draft the book of Ezra and peer checked some of the books that were drafted by my teammates. I wanted to be in the consultant checking but then I needed to finish everything in School first so I missed the checking of the books that was drafted this year. But I am still thankful that I was able to attend the checking of the book of Joel that I and my sister checked face to face with our consultant, Uncle Bob. I also praise God for the lives of Uncle Bob and Aunt Judy. I am so blessed and I am sure that many people are blessed with the lives of UB and AJ also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home